Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fünf - Spracherwerb

Why?

Why would they not listen?

With all of the abilities they had, to understand the language, to comprehend it at the grassroot level, to be able to ask back after being able to identify things they didn't understand, to be able to make an argument or voicing out their opinion, they didn't do it. They just took everything for granted.

And me, I was strugging with the language. To understand the language itself was one thing, to comprehend the thing your were learning was another. To identify things you didn't understand was also another thing. And even, even after you had reached the point where you knew what you didn't know, it would be all too scarying and terrifying to raise up your hand in the middle of the class to ask, while all the german-mother tounge speakers would abruptly turned their heads to you.

It came to my mind how I was also in the very same situation like they were in back then in my homeland, my home town. Despite having the ability to do all of the things listed above, you just won't do it. You took things for granted. And you left unexcell in your study. Communicating with the teachers and classmates  would not be a problem back then 'cause you already master the language. 

What a pity.

What a shame.

So, yes, I knew now how it felt to be able to master all these. Yes, it was a blessing. And it was not that I loose this particular blessing from God to be able to master this language acquisition (German in my case), but to show me to what level of difficulty I would be in not being able to communicate with the outside world without this particular blessing of His.

And I got it.

And I was mad at them, those inside my class.

They were like me back then.

They got everything. All they had to do was to push aside their ego, their childish behaviour, stay humble along the way, open their heart and they would already be successful not only in their studies but also in shaping their character.

"Verstehst du das? (Do you understand that)" he asked while pointing at the black board.
"Ja. (Yes)" nodding with a smile on the face, I replied.
"Boah, aber wie?! (Woah, but how?!)"
"Frag sie mal. [Ask her (the teacher)]"

Ask.    

No comments:

Post a Comment